The white half-moon on your nail is called lunula and is a very important part of our body. It is extremely sensitive, and some experts say that its size can be a possible cause of various diseases. If the half-moon is non-existent or is reduced, this may point to possible diseases.
In Latin lunula means “little moon,” but it is actually the visible part of the nail root. It is most noticeableon the thumb. The white color of lunula is apparent because the fifth basal layer of the epidermis is hiding underneath the blood cells.
The lack of lunula can cause the following:
- If the thumb does not have lunula, it may cause psychological disease.
- If the lunula of the index finger is very small or there isn’t any, it can cause problems with the intestines, liver, pancreas, and with the reproductive system in women.
- The absence of lunula on the middle finger indicates a problem with blood pressure.
- Small or non- existent lunula on the fourth finger can be a sign that you suffer from a problem with the thyroid gland.
- If thelunula is non-existent on the little finger, it may mean that your intestines are clogged – writes Bright Side.
Your health can be improved by practicing yoga for the fingers.